Thursday, December 14, 2017

Charity Fair project blog


Summary
Suicide is a huge problem in the world and in some states it is twice as common as homicide. Charity fair is a huge project we do once a year where we do research on charities that we are passionate about and make a product that is related to the charity in some way. At the Charity fair we sell our products for a profit and the money goes to the charity that the group with the best pitch chose. The Charity I chose was the American Foundation for suicide prevention. This charity has a lifeline that people can call when they are in need of help. They also conduct research and spread awareness of the issue and try to end it overall.

Backward-Looking
  Before this project I did not know much about this subject, I knew it was very bad and needed to stop but I did not know quite how common it was. And it is very common. I did the same project last year. But the only difference was that I did a charity about animals like everyone else. Over time I have gotten better at this project because every year I understand more and more what to do.

Inward-Looking
I feel like I did a good job on this piece of work. I really like how we worked together to create a design for the game board and I think it turned out very good. I did not really like how long it took to make each game. To make all the games it took about 3 1/2 hours. For me it was satisfying to see the pile of finished games grow and grow.

Outward-Looking
  I think I did things different than other people. Instead of doing a charity about animals I did my project on another topic that is less popular to research. The things I did the same as other people is we did all the things we had to do. I would give this piece of work a B because I think a did a pretty good job, but there were quite a bit of things that weren't that great. When people look at my work, I want them to notice how much work I put into all of it.

Forward-Looking
One thing I would improve on is maybe spending more time on the project so that I could have fixed some of the bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment