Sunday, November 12, 2017

weekly blog(11/12/17)Vinegar

Image result for chemical formula of vinegar
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4xJSc5bnXAhXksVQKHQtBChUQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.enzyme-facts.com%2Fproperties-of-vinegar.html&psig=AOvVaw1glYy52brbNp_-zs4r3rDa&ust=1510601972191002
          Vinegar is very harmful to plants. It is very acidic and that means that it can kill things. One way to neutralize it is with baking soda/sodium bicarbonate. It might look more dangerous, but that it is just the forming of non-hazardous chemicals like salt and water.
          This weeks's S&EP is asking questions and defining problems. I think that it is that because we asked "why is vinegar dangerous to plants?" and the problem is that vinegar is dangerous. This has brought me closer to mastery because now I understand that ketchup has vinegar in it.
           This week's XCC is cause and effect because, if you mix ketchup with a plant, it dies. And if you mix ketchup with baking soda, it is neutralized.
           This week I was a learner because I said, I want to know why ketchup is acidic.

No comments:

Post a Comment